• A+
  • A-

Permits and Right-of-Way Use

Public Works is responsible for a variety of street and right-of-way maintenance tasks including patching, curb replacement, sign maintenance, roadway striping, right-of-way mowing, minor bridge repair, weed control, debris pickup and snow/ice control.

Please use the online Citizen Request Form to notify Public Works of any needed road repairs, pothole fillings, street lights that need replacing, or signs or street trees that have been knocked down.

Street Lights

If you notice a street light is out or not functioning properly, please contact Wisconsin Public Service at 1-800-450-7260 or access them at go to Report a Problem, then go to Street Lights.

Permits & Forms Issued by Public Works

Please use the links to the appropriate permit form.  If you have questions please call our office.

Utility right-of-way installation permit: Utility ROW Permit

Utility easement only permit: Easement only permit

Commercial curb cut and utility lateral installation: Commercial ROW Permit

Residential curb cut and utility lateral installation: Home ROW Permit


Temporary signs in the right-of-way

By State Law, Rummage Sale signs, For Sale signs or any other miscellaneous signs are not allowed in Village right-of-way.  Never attach these types of signs to stop signs, traffic signs, traffic signals, or in roundabouts.

All signs placed in an area that may distract drivers or obstruct vision for pedestrian or vehicular traffic will be removed and disposed of by Bellevue Public Works Department.

Heavy Truck Ordinances (as of 3/10/2014)

The Village of Bellevue has limited the streets heavy trucks may travel on. The attached map and corresponding ordinance provides the regulations and routes allowed.

Upcoming Events

No events available.