In an effort to make enhancements to the Village's future core business district. The Village has developed and installed a civic clock plaza.
The plaza is located at the southwest corner of the Eaton Road & South Huron Road intersection. The plaza includes the installation of a decorative clock, benches and landscaping; which will encourage, promote and sustain interest in the future core business district.
Support the VandenLangenberg Plaza project!
Interested individuals and businesses can still support this project through the following donation types:
Interested sponsors, please download and complete the appropriate sponsor form and submit with payment to: Village of Bellevue; c/o VandenLangenberg Plaza, 2828 Allouez Avenue, Bellevue, WI 54311. Questions can be directed to the Village Offices at (920) 468-5225.
Roger VandenLangenberg To Be Honored
The Village has elected to name the plaza in honor of Roger VandenLangenberg. Mr. VandenLangenberg has been involved in the Bellevue community for over 35+ years, with many accomplishments benefiting and promoting parks and leisure services.
As the Village of Bellevue's Park Commission Chair, Roger has been directly involved in helping the Village accomplish several key initiatives, such as;
- The creation and development of the Village’s first official Parks and Recreation Department later re-created into the Leisure Services Department.
- The acquisition of 75% of the Village's current parkland.
- The development of the East River Trail Parkway, Willow Creek Park and Bower Creek Park.
- The construction of three community built playgrounds.
- The development of the Village’s Urban Forestry Program.
- The development of a Senior Advisory Board, on which he currently serves.
- The creation of multiple successful recreation programs for all age groups.
Roger has also been involved in a multitude of other community service projects, such as
- Volunteering with the Bellevue Youth Softball program for over 35 years.
- Serving as the Town Chairman for four years and a Town Supervisor for nine years.
- Involvement in the Bellevue Business and Professional Association for approximately 30 years.
- Assisting with the Annual Community Picnic.
- Acting as a project leader in gardening for four years in the local 4-H.
- Helping raise over $200,000 over the past 30 years for his local church’s school athletic department.
- Serving on his church’s athletic committee for 30 years.
The Village of Bellevue is proud of Roger for his passion and dedication to improving the quality of life in our community.