Laura & Peter Mossakowski Family Dog Park
Latest Dog Park News
- The Village recently received a $1,000 donation to the dog park from the Wisconsin Public Service Foundation. Thank you!
- K-9 Karnival is planned for Saturday, May 10 at Josten Park from 10:00am-2:00pm
- Carnival will feature:
- Dog Games & Contests
- Children Games
- Lure Course
- Pet Vendors
- Bake Sale & Concessions
- & Much More
- For more details: K-9 Karnival Flyer
- Carnival will feature:
What is the Laura & Peter Mossakowski Family Dog Park?
A place where our best friends have a place to run, roll around in mud, meet new four-legged friends and even catch a ball or Frisbee.
A group of dedicated volunteer citizens are working to create and operate a community dog park in the Village of Bellevue. Fundraising is now on-going with the hope of raising enough funds to open the park in the fall of 2014. Through a very generous donation from Laura and Peter Mossakowski, the Bellevue Dog Park has been named in their honor.
Where is the proposed dog park?
The proposed site is located at Vanden Heuvel Park, 2282 Bellevue Street.
This 22.5 acre park site is located just south of State HWY 172 along the banks of the East River. The majority of this park is part of the East River Parkway & Trail. Approximately 6.5 acre section of the property will be developed as a dog park.
Donate $$$ Today!
To develop an off-leash dog park in Bellevue, we are seeking to raise the funds privately (no tax dollars). Our goal, to raise $250,000. A fully developed site will include a fenced off-leash dog area, open pavilion, playground, trails and off-street parking. In order to construct this facility we need you help! Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to our project.
Interested donors, please download and complete the following donation form and submit with payment to: Village of Bellevue; c/o Bellevue Dog Park, 2828 Allouez Avenue, Bellevue, WI 54311.
Donors interested in making contributions under $250 may also make a donation online via our secure payment site. Click the button below to make a donation online!
|Contribution Level||Contribution Amount||Recognition|
|Named Sponsor||$15,000 (Three Opportunities: Pavilion, Playground & Trail)||
|Gold Sponsor||$5,000 to $9,999||
|Silver Sponsor||$1,000 to $4,999||
|Bronze Sponsor||$250 to $999||
|Partner Sponsor||$100 to $249||
The Bellevue Dog Park Committee organizes several community fundraisers. If you'd like to assist the committee in organizing and helping conduct events, please contact the Leisure Services Department at (920) 468-5225.
Dog Park Committee
You can also become involved at the committee level participating in meetings and planning efforts. The meeting agendas/minutes are provided below:
Dog Park Committee (ad hoc)
- Mar 15, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- Apr 12, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- May 10, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- June 21, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes) - No Formal Action Taken
- July 19, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- August 16, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)- - No Formal Action Taken
- September 6, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)- - No Formal Action Taken
- October 4, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- Nov 8, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- Dec 13, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- Jan 3, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- Feb 14, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- Mar 14, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- Apr 11, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
- May 2, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)