Size & Placement
- Must be in the ground with stones or tire/wheel rim around it.
- Cannot be more than 3 feet in diameter.
- Needs to be 25 feet away from the house, deck any principal structure, wood or lumber pile, wooden fence, tree or bush, wooden swing sets, or any combustible materials.
- Building permit or burning permit is not required. However, Open burning is allowed by permit only. Permits are issued on the discretion of the Bellevue Fire Department. More information and permit forms can be found under the Open Burning page.
- Fire pit can be used for burning wood only for a bonfire or cooking. Do not burn treated wood, rubbish, garbage, trash, any material made or coated with rubber, plastic, leather or petroleum based materials.
- Open burning shall consist of dry materials only and shall not be ignited with flammable or combustible liquids.
- Open burning shall be constantly attended and supervised by a competent person at least 18 years of age until such fire is extinguished.
- Outdoor burning shall be prohibited when the wind velocity exceeds 9 MPH or local circumstances make the fires potentially hazardous.